This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Pomegranate Coconut Rice Pudding has amazing flavors from the coconut, orange zest and the pomegranate. Together they are a marriage made in heaven.
This is the best rice pudding you will ever have. Seriously I’ve been eating this almost every day for the past couple weeks. It may not look like much but this rice pudding is packed with awesome goodness. The flavor in this rice pudding is out of this world.
Now I know not everyone is a fan of rice pudding, but you must try this pomegranate coconut rice pudding. I, however, have always been a fan of rice pudding, it’s one of those things that my mother used to make for us often when we were kids. But she never made this recipe for us. Next time I go home to Southern Ontario I will have to make this for her because she loves rice pudding.
All the flavors shine in this pudding, the coconut, the orange zest and the pomegranate. Together they are a marriage made in heaven. I’m not often impressed with such recipes, but this simple rice pudding recipe made me a very happy girl.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Pomegranate-Coconut Rice Pudding
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice I used basmati
- 2 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar depending on how sweet you want it
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 1/2 cups water and rice; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 10 minutes, stir occasionally. Stir in 2 cups of the coconut milk plus sugar, orange zest and salt. Increase heat to medium-low; cook 10 minutes or until creamy and thickened, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl beat together remaining 1/2 cup coconut milk and egg. Add to rice mixture; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate several hours, mixture will thicken as it chills.
- Fold in pomegranate seeds just before serving. Serve chilled or at room temperature.