If you love pirogies, you’ll love these Bacon and Cheese Pirogies. They’re super simple to make, fabulous and dinner in 15 minutes.
OK, I admit, I did not make these pirogies from scratch. But why would you, when you can find perfectly good pirogies at the Polish store. I don’t know where you live, but pretty much everywhere I’ve lived before there was always a Polish store. Luckily I have one really close to where we live.
Pirogies are not something we have often, but every once in a while I do get in the mood for some good pirogies. Now there are many different fillings for these pirogies, from sweet fillings to savory. This time I wanted savory pirogies because I wanted them for supper. So having said that the pirogies I used here are filled with bacon and cheese.
Of course I had to add more bacon to mine so I sautéed some onion and bacon together and used that as my topping for my pirogies. To actually cook the pirogies is also very simple, just follow the instructions on your package but usually you just add them to some boiling water and boil them for about 8 minutes or so. Now I also grated some fresh Parmesan cheese on mine because I love the flavor of Parmesan cheese and garnished with some chives. This dish is so easy to prepare, and it’s so delicious. Of course you can serve with some sour cream on the side. Simple and fabulous.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Leave a comment below and rate this recipe or take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Bacon and Cheese Pirogies
- 24 pirogies bacon and cheese
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 slices bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 tablespoon chives for garnish
- 2 tablespoon sour cream optional
- Boil perogies according to package instructions.
- In a skillet add onion and bacon and saute until the bacon is fried and the onion is translucent and a a bit brown in color.
- To plate, place perogies on a plate, sprinkle with onion and bacon mixture, grate some Parmesan cheese over and garnish with chives.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.