This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Sticks – delicious zucchini sticks breaded with Panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, at only 98 calories a serving.
Listen up my friends! These zucchini sticks Are.The.Bomb!
I honestly can’t think of a better way to get your kids to eat their veggies. Not to mention all the health benefits of zucchini, from cancer prevention to heart attack and stroke prevention! No lie!
I even got the hand model to eat some and he loved them. Trust me that’s big. There was a time about 5 years ago when the hand model was a vegetarian. But here’s the funny thing, during his vegetarian year, he hardly ate any vegetables. He hates vegetables! How is this possible? I know it’s possible to hate vegetables, but why would you turn into a vegetarian? It was a year of eating bagels and cream cheese. I’d make him vegetarian meals, he’d eat them but he’d complain as usual.
But not this time, the hand model said they were very crispy and delicious. I don’t know if he was being polite because I was featuring his hand in my blog, but I’ll take it. Look at that perfectly manicured hand! The guy works hard for those nails!
But these puppies are baked and did I mention how easy they are to make. You dip them in egg, then roll them in a mixture of Panko breadcrums and Parmesan cheese and bake them until crispy. You can’t go wrong. Perfect appetizer, perfect snack and perfect with ranch dressing.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Sticks
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- I used 3 medium zucchini which i cut in half, then cut each half in half lengthwise,then each quarter in half again, so you end up with 8 sticks from one zucchini.
- Beat the egg in a shallow plate. Season the egg with salt and pepper. In another shallow plate mix the Panko breadcrumbs together with the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip each zucchini stick in the egg wash, then roll through the breadcrumb mixture, making sure each stick is fully covered with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with Ranch dressing or Marinara sauce.