Banana Oatmeal Pancakes with Fresh Cherry Sauce – only a couple ingredients for these pancakes plus a bonus cherry sauce recipe, they’re good for you.
This morning I was in such a mood for pancakes, all I dreamt last night were pancakes. So of course this morning when I woke up I had to make some pancakes. But I love to try and develop new recipes, so here’s my latest and greatest creation.
We had bought some fresh cherries yesterday, so I made this cherry sauce that is to die for, and it’s simply perfect for some good pancakes. The cherry sauce could really be used on anything, for example it would be perfect to top a cheesecake with it, or pour some over some great ice cream, it’s so good.
These pancakes are a bit different too, they’re made with just a couple ingredients, bananas, eggs and oatmeal. They’re amazing, plenty sweet from the bananas and so good for your.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes with Fresh Cherry Sauce
For the pancakes
For the Cherry Sauce
- 2 cups cherries pitted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a sauce pan add all the ingredients for the cherry sauce. Cook over medium heat for about 5 to 10 minutes until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Add additional water if sauce is too thick from the cornstarch.
- Add all the ingredients for the pancakes in a blender. Pulse for about 1 minute until the batter is nice and smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray, or use a non stick pan. For each pancake pour 1/4 cup of the batter. Flip when they start to bubble and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with banana slices and/or cherry sauce.