This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Berry Cheese Cake Squares – not your usual cake, but so yummy. Step out of your comfort zone and try this amazing cake!
I am not a big cake maker, though I will make them every once in a while, so when I do make a cake I want it to be special. My husband however, doesn’t like any cakes but he does love European style cakes, and this my friends is a European style cake, at least to me. Whenever I’ve been to Europe, these are the types of cakes I’ve had, and I love them. So when my friend gave me this recipe I knew I had to make it.
I’ll admit this cake was a bit of work to make, but it was one of the best cakes I’ve had.
Let me tell you why.
The first layer of cake is light and fluffy. The next layer is made with cream cheese and ricotta cheese, and of course sugar. Then next layer is again the light and fluffy cake soaked in raspberry jello. The next layer is a layer of berries such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. If this does not sound good to you yet, then I’m afraid I can’t help you. Yes I know this cake is sweet, that’s why it’s a cake, desserts are made to be sweet. But when you bite into this, your taste buds will thank you. This cake is delicious, moist, it has the cheese cake layer which I absolutely love, and the top cake layer soaked in that raspberry jello, simply my favorite.
This recipe makes a lot of cake, 20 squares, so if you don’t need that much, cut the recipe in half and make it into a 8×8 baking pan.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Berry Cheesecake Squares
- 10 eggs separated
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 package
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 oz raspberry jello 1 package
- 1 lb mixed berries frozen
- 1/2 cup blueberry jam any other jam would do as well
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Prepare a baking ban, I used a 9x13 inch pan, with parchment paper, butter it and sprinkle some flour.
- Separate the eggs and put the egg yolk in the bowl of your mixer and the egg whites in another bowl. Add the powdered sugar to the egg yolks and beat until light and fluffy. Add the flour and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture, gently.
- Pour half the mixture in the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the baked cake onto a piece of parchment paper dusted with some powdered sugar. Bake the remaining cake batter, but do not remove cake from pan.
- Let cake cool completely. In the meantime mix all the ingredients for the cheese layer in a mixer until smooth. Once cake is cooled, spread cheese mixture over the bottom piece of cake in the pan. Carefully place the second layer of cake on top of the cheese layer.
- Spread the jam evenly over the top piece of cake. Make the raspberry jello according to package instructions. Scatter the mixed berries over the top of the cake and pour the jello over the berries.
- Refrigerate cake for a few hours until it firms up.
- Cut the cake into squares.