Last updated on February 6th, 2018 at 12:32 pm
Blue Pointe Stuffed Striped Sea Bass – these delicious fillets of striped sea bass are stuffed with Lump Blue Crab Meat then served on a bed of delicious Beluga lentils.
This post is brought to you by Blue Pointe Seafood!
I seriously don’t cook with enough seafood, and I know I should, which is why when I do cook with fish, I try and make it special. Like with these gorgeous striped sea bass fillets that I stuffed with a lump blue crab meat mixture. The end result is simply to die for. I mean let’s be honest, this dish is very impressive, like the difference between a cook and a chef. I’m not saying I’m a chef or anything, but if you wanted to impress your significant other, this is how you should do it.
These beautiful sea bass fillets come to us from Blue Pointe Seafood which is located on the Eastern side of the Chesapeake Bay in Kent Harrows Maryland, famous for its world renowned seafood. They’ve been in business for 20 years and will always deliver fresh, high-quality seafood at an affordable price.
I have to admit that my favorite part about this dish was the crab filling, although if you’ve never had sea bass before, you must try it. Sea bass has quite a meaty buttery texture and believe it or not, quite similar to the texture of chicken. Whether you grill, bake or pan-sear your sea bass, you’ll always end up with a moist and flaky fish. We’re talking melt-in-your mouth flavor with large and moist flakes.
But that crab filling is incredible. I actually made a lot more, and then used to rest to make crab cakes, so good. I decided to pair this sea bass with some Beluga lentils which made an incredible side dish, not to mention they’re really easy to make.
Want to give this recipe a try? Order your sea bass from Blue Pointe Seafood!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Blue Pointe Stuffed Striped Sea Bass
For Stuffed Striped Sea Bass
- 2 striped sea bass fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 4 oz Lump Blue Crab Meat
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Rinse the fish fillets and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, sugar, flour, melted butter, and Tabasco sauce until smooth.
- Gently fold in the crab meat and parsley until thoroughly combined.
- Lay the sea bass fillets on a greased baking sheet and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon half of the crab mixture on top of each fillet and roll them up. Sprinkle each roll with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the mean time, you can prepare the lentils. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, celery and cook until the onion softens and becomes translucent. Add the red pepper, cardamom, smoked paprika, dry dill, season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the beef broth, chicken broth and beluga lentils. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the lentils are cooked through and the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve the fish fillets over the lentils and enjoy!
This recipe is brought to you by Blue Pointe Seafood.