This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Butterscotch Brownies – the most delicious and delightful brownies for the butterscotch fans.
Christmas is less than 2 weeks away, my favorite time of year. You know why? Because I love to bake, so now I actually have an excuse to bake all kinds of goodies for everyone.
So do you like butterscotch? I admit I don’t bake with butterscotch much, but boy do I love the smell of butterscotch. And these brownies smelled heavenly as they were baking. The great thing about these brownies is how easy they are to make. You just put a few ingredients in the mixer, mix, bake and voila.
You might want to ask your neighbors to come over and share these brownies with them, they won’t mind. Be neighborly, it’s Christmas time, butterscotch smell in the air, well that just means love is in the air. Watch their faces as they bite into these brownies and smiles form on their faces. Can you think of a better Christmas gift? I can’t!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butterscotch chips in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down side of bowl after each addition. Beat in melted butterscotch chips and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; add to butter mixture. Beat until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand about 4 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Spread chocolate chips evenly over the top. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with cocoa if desired. Cut into 2 1/4 inch squares.