These Cajun Shrimp Foil Packs can be on your dinner table in 20 minutes from start to finish. Packed with Cajun flavor and loaded with veggies and shrimp this easy dinner is sure to delight. Best part? Barely any clean up!
Do you ever come home from a busy day at work and just want to enjoy something both easy and bursting with flavor? Well in my world there’s no reason you should have to sacrifice either for the other! Just throw in whatever veggies you have lying around the fridge, some butter, and lots of Cajun spice and you’re ready to go!
I’m back with another grilling recipe because summer is quickly running away from me and I want to advantage of it for as long as I can. This recipe for Cajun shrimp and veggies in foil packets is so easy and it really can be ready in 20 minutes from start to finish. And the best part? No dishes!
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Veggies – Zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, and corn.
- Shrimp – I used large shrimp deveined and de-shelled but with the tails kept on.
- Lemon – Sliced up to place over top our shrimp and veggies to infuse some bright acidity into our dish.
- Cajun – Don’t be worried about the cajun making the dish too spicy, just add less or more depending on how full on you want the flavor to be.
- Butter – Unsalted and cut into tablespoon pats.
- Parsley – Fresh and chopped up fine.
How To Make Cajun Shrimp Foil Packs
- Prepare the foil: You’ll need 4 big sheets of foil, about 1 1/2 feet long. I like to double the foil to avoid any juices from seeping out while grilling.
- Assemble the packs: Divide the ingredients equally among 4 packets, a tbsp of butter and a tsp of cajun spice in each. Place all the ingredients into the center of the foil, in the order that the ingredients are listed.
- Cook the Cajun Shrimp Foil Packs: Wrap the foil tightly around the shrimp and veggies. Grill over medium high heat for 10 to 15 minutes or bake at 425 F degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes. Squeeze some more lemon over the shrimp if preferred, then serve while warm.
Can I Bake This?
You can always bake this simple little dish if you’d prefer not to start up the grill. As the recipe above states just bake at 425 F degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes. Regardless of how you make these packs make sure you don’t press down on the packet too much, you want to leave a little room so that your ingredients cook in that steam, therefore making your food that much more flavorful.
How To Serve
These foil packs are delicious and satisfying all on their own, but if you’d like to really make a big old spread, here’s some great accompaniments.
- Greek Salad
- Creamy Polenta
- Potato Croquettes
- Green Bean Casserole
- White Beans With Bacon And Herbs
- Harvest Rice
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Orzo
In the fridge this recipe will keep for 3 – 4 days in an airtight container, so feel free to make ahead of time. You can freeze the shrimp from this recipe for up to 3 months in an airtight container, just keep in mind that many cooked veggies don’t thaw well. You can also prep these packs and freeze them before putting them in the oven, just allow to thaw overnight in the fridge before cooking.
Craving More Shrimp? Try These Delicious Recipes:
- Brazilian Shrimp Soup
- Avocado Shrimp Salsa
- Firecracker Shrimp
- Easy Shrimp Fried Rice
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Shrimp Scampi
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Cajun Shrimp Foil Packs
- 2 small zucchini sliced
- 1 small yellow squash sliced
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup corn (about 2 ears)
- 4 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 pound shrimp deveined, deshelled, tails on
- 4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 lemon sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- You’ll need 4 big sheets of foil, about 1 1/2 feet long. I like to double the foil to avoid any juices from seeping out while grilling. Divide the ingredients equally among 4 packets, a tbsp of butter and a tsp of cajun spice in each. Place all the ingredients into the center of the foil, in the order that the ingredients are listed.
- Wrap the foil tightly around the shrimp and veggies. Grill over medium high heat for 10 to 15 minutes or bake at 425 F degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Squeeze some more lemon over the shrimp if preferred, then serve while warm.