Last updated on May 31st, 2018 at 10:27 am
These Cajun Shrimp Foil Packs can be on your dinner table in 20 minutes from start to finish, packed with Cajun flavor and loaded with veggies and shrimp!
I’m back with another grilling recipe because summer is quickly running away from me and I want to advantage of it for as long as I can. This recipe for cajun shrimp and veggies in foil packets is so easy and it really can be ready in 20 minutes from start to finish. And the best part? No dishes!
This recipe is also great if you have any leftover veggies in your fridge like zucchini, corn or peppers and you don’t know what to do with them. Now you do. Go ahead and fill these foil packets with any veggies you have in your fridge, throw in some butter, lots of cajun spice and some lemon slices. Of course, you can’t forget the shrimp. Any size shrimp would work here, but I used a bag of large shrimp.
You’ll have to clean the shrimp, devein them if necessary, and remove the shells from them, though I prefer to keep the tails on just because they look prettier and are easy to pick up. Also don’t be shy with the butter, if you prefer more butter on your corn and veggies, have at it.
When you wrap these foil packs up, make sure you don’t press down on the packet too much, you want to leave a little room so that your ingredients cook in that steam, therefore making your food that much more flavorful. I grilled these again but, of course, you can bake them as well. See the recipe for instructions. But trust me, it’s still hot outside, so take advantage of that grill and make these packets. So healthy and come on, no dishes!! if you love shrimp as much as I do, try out my Spicy New Orleans Shrimp as well!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Cajun Shrimp Foil Packs
- 2 small zucchini sliced
- 1 small yellow squash sliced
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup corn (about 2 ears)
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb shrimp deveined, deshelled, tails on
- 4 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- You'll need 4 big sheets of foil, about 1 1/2 feet long. I like to double the foil to avoid any juices from seeping out while grilling. Divide the ingredients equally among 4 packets, a tbsp of butter and a tsp of cajun spice in each. Place all the ingredients into the center of the foil, in the order that the ingredients are listed.
- Wrap the foil tightly around the shrimp and veggies. Grill over medium high heat for 10 to 15 minutes or bake at 425 F degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Squeeze some more lemon over the shrimp if preferred, then serve while warm.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!