These Cheesy Chicken Veggie Rollups are super easy to make and take 25 minutes from start to finish. They’re a hit with grown-ups as well as kids and are a great lunch, snack or perfect for an appetizer.
This post is brought to you by Flatout! Although I’ve been compensated for my time, all opinions are 100% my own.
Spring is officially just a couple days away and I couldn’t be any happier considering the weather we’ve been having here the past couple weeks. It’s finally now starting to feel like spring outside and I am ecstatic! Spring also means that it’s time to lighten up just a bit because you know, summer comes after spring and so do the shorts. But I’m not one for dieting or giving up my favorite foods, so this is my way of finding balance.
These rollups have everything I love. We’re talking chicken, we’re talking veggies as in lots of green and red peppers and some jalapeno peppers in there for a bit of a kick, and let’s not forget the cheese.
Flatout flatbreads are great for these rollups, they’re a lot more malleable than a tortilla and they won’t break on you. You can use any Flatout flatbreads you can find, plain, light, or multigrain with flax, plus they have a lot more choices for you.
I used chicken breast from a store bought roast chicken, but you can totally skip the meat if you want to go for a vegetarian version, or you can use a bit of bacon instead because bacon and cheese is love.
You can also use different veggies or add some more, like some spinach, or corn would be great. The sky is the limit. The great thing about these rollups though is that you don’t have to bake them, I chose to bake them because I love the cheese all melted, so when you take a bite, everything just melts in your mouth, it’s beautiful, trust me. But you can definitely serve these unbaked, they taste just as great and they make a perfect lunch, snack or appetizer.
Then there’s that pesto dip which is crazy good, because you always need a dip with rollups, plus it’s fresh, homemade and so good. All you need to do is take a rollup, dip it and eat it.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Cheesy Chicken Veggie Rollups
- 8 ounce cream cheese at room temperature (1 package)
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 6 green onions chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast chopped
- 8 ounce white cheddar cheese shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 7 Flatout flatbreads (I used Multi-grain with Flax)
- Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese, peppers, green onions, chicken, cheese, black pepper and using a spatula mix until well combined.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken and veggie mixture evenly over the flatbread.Roll the flatbread to form a wrap as tight as you can. Take a sharp knife and cut into 1 inch pieces, each wrap should give you about 8 slices. There should be enough chicken mixture for the 7 flatbreads in the package.
- Place the rollups on the baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and the rollups start to turn golden brown.
- While the rollups are in the oven, prepare the pesto dip by whisking all the dip ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve the rollups with the pesto dip.