This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken and Mango Tortilla Bowls with a delicious and refreshing cabbage slaw. A healthy lunch that’s sure to impress your guests.
So I bought this magazine, it’s called Taste of Home. I don’t buy magazines that much anymore because of the price. It just bugs me that they are so much more expensive here in Canada vs the US. I just don’t understand. I could understand 10 years ago when the CAD dollar was so much lower than the US dollar but it’s no longer like that. But this time it was something I picked up at the last minute because my husband had a coupon where if you spent so much you get $10 back, so I picked up this magazine to reach that amount. After we paid I realized the magazine was $15 so there goes that deal. 🙂
Nevertheless, I was determined to make use of this magazine and get my $15 worth. Luckily it has a lot of great recipes which I will make. Here in this magazine is where I found this great recipe for chicken and mango tortilla bowls. I thought it looked so fancy, healthy and delicious.
I was right. We loved them. The cabbage slaw was so refreshing with the chicken and the mango. The only difficult bit about this recipe is making the tortilla bowls. I couldn’t get my tortillas to stay so I used an elastic band to keep the tortillas on the ramekins. My husband thought it would melt, but I was willing to risk it since the tortillas were not in the oven that long. All in all they turned out pretty good. Great idea and a wonderful lunch.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Chicken and Mango Tortilla Bowls
- 3 cups cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup frozen corn I used canned corn
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 6 flour tortillas 10 inches
- 12 oz chicken breast cooked, (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 medium mango peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, sour cream, salsa, corn and green pepper. Chill until serving.
- Place six 10 oz ramekins or custard cups upside down in a large baking pan. Lightly spray warm tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Place the tortillas over prepared ramekins, pinching sides to form bowl shapes.
- Bake on the ramekins at 425 F degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from ramekins to wire racks.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken and chili powder in butter until heated through. Spoon cabbage mixture into tortilla bowls; top with chicken, mango and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.