This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
So we finally bought a house, the search is over and I’m super excited. It was a very frustrating process but it is now over. Now all that’s left to do is wait until we move. Can’t wait.
It was an extremely busy and hectic week so this weekend I just want to rest, but we still need to eat. So on days like this I go back to my easy recipes and this is one of them.
This is a Romanian dish that is a staple in our house. I learned how to make this from my mother, and this is probably one of the first dishes I made when I moved out on my own. It is also one of my favorite dishes, because I just love peas, they’re nice and sweet and just delicious, and not to mention this dish is very easy to make and you can literally do it in less than half an hour and voila, dinner is made.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Chicken and Peas Stew
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 med onion finely chopped
- 2 chicken breasts cut in small pieces
- 2 stalks of celery chopped finely
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cans of peas 14 fl oz or you can use frozen peas
- 1/4 cup dill chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the oil in a saute pan. Add the chopped onion and celery and cook until tender.
- Add the chicken breast and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink. In a bowl mix tomato paste with water and add to pan and add paprika and mix well. Add salt and pepper and add the peas.
- Stir and continue cooking for another 20 min and add dill 2 min before done.
Nice light dinner.