Chicken Fajitas Braid – quick and delicious chicken fajitas braid made with Pillsbury crescent rolls dough.
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious dinner idea, then this chicken fajitas braid is for you. This braid could not get any easier to make and it’s so fabulous your entire family will love. Of course this braid could be made with homemade dough, but since we want this to be easy and quick I used Pillsbury crescent rolls to roll out the dough into a rectangle and form the braid.
The filling is my favorite fajita mix, which is basically onions, green bell peppers and chicken, sauteed with some Tex Mex seasoning or fajita seasoning and when it was done I threw in some salsa. It’s so easy, I made this in just a bit over half hour including the baking time. It’s just the perfect meal for a weeknight or it could be an impressive dish for a weekend dinner.
The great thing about this braid is that you could use your favorite ingredients, you could add some cheddar cheese if you wanted it to be cheesy, you could add olives, tomatoes, whatever fajitas ingredients you love.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Chicken Fajitas Braid
- 2 packages of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 8 in a package
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper cut in 1 inch thin pieces
- 2 small chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp Tex Mex or fajita seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Add parchment paper to a cookie sheet.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add onions and green peppers and cook for 3 minutes. Add chicken and season with fajita seasoning or tex mex and cook until the onions are caramelized and the chicken is cooked, about another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add salsa to the skillet, toss and set aside.
- Carefully remove the dough from the packages, and roll it out without separating the rolls. Place the dough from the 2nd package onto the first dough, so that now you have a rectangle. Gently roll it out a bit, so that it’s about 18 inches long and 15 inches wide. Visually divide the length of the dough into 3 equal parts. The middle part is where our filling will go. So using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into slices on each outside tab, making equal slits on each side.
- Fill the middle tab with the chicken fajita mixture, aligning it down the center tab.
- Alternating from side to side, fold the cut pieces over the middle part. You might have to stretch them a bit so you can pinch them over to the other side.
- Brush with the egg wash and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.