Chipotle Popcorn Chicken – so much fun to eat and so delicious! Little morsels of chicken dipped in a spicy batter and fried to perfection!
It’s a crazy time here. We bought a house and we’re moving in a couple weeks. There is so much to do with moving, it’s such a tiring experience, but also a fun and exciting one. Needless to say with everything going on I have not had time to cook a lot, nor was I in the mood to cook. However we have to eat, so today I decided enough take out or eating out so I made popcorn chicken.
But a while ago I discovered Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce and ever since then I’ve been trying to create new recipes to use it in, because I love it so much! So here is an awesome recipe; Chipotle Popcorn Chicken.
Popcorn chicken is such a fun way to eat and I bet kids would love this. If you are making this for kids use a bit less chipotle peppers so the chicken doesn’t come out too spicy, I’d use 1/4 cup instead of 1/2.
This chicken is amazing. This recipe makes quite a lot of popcorn chicken, so we gave some to our neighbour. The guy loved the chicken, he was back in a few minutes hugging me and telling me how much he loved it, so trust me you can’t go wrong with this chicken. Everyone will love it.
More Delicious Recipes To Try
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Chipotle Popcorn Chicken
- In a bowl whisk together buttermilk, egg, cornstarch, salt, pepper and chipotle peppers.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken in the batter and let it sit for at least a couple hours in the fridge.
- Pour some panko breadcrumbs in a shallow plate.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs, add more breadcrumbs as needed, and fry on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Place on paper napkins to soak up some of the oil. Repeat with all chicken pieces. Only add a few pieces of chicken to the skillet at a time, so the chicken turns out crispy.