Chocolate Mint and Cherry Ice Dream Cake – a magical dreamy ice cream dessert. A perfect combination of chocolate and mint paired with fresh cherries.
The heat is finally here and loads of sunshine. That’s what I love about Alberta, is all the sunshine and blue skies. Simply gorgeous! But not only that, we don’t get humidity here, it’s just nice warm weather, not super hot where you can’t breathe outside. So on gorgeous days like this I love to make Mojitos or Mimosas and enjoy some good ice cream. That’s all I’d need, no food. Who needs food when you’ve got this heavenly chocolate mint and cherry ice dream cake. I call it ice dream cake because it’s so dreamy, just look at it.
To be honest though, I didn’t get a chance to eat much from it, because I took it over to my sister’s for a kids party she was having. Sad, I know, but I can always make more.
Last year I purchased an ice cream attachment and I was so excited when I ordered it on amazon, that I could barely wait until it arrived. I had plans, lots of plans to make all kinds of ice cream. I was going to become the ice cream queen! So how many times do you think I actually used the damn thing? 0! Yep, I never touched it! But I am hopeful again, this summer I will use it, I will make ice cream! No buts and ifs about it. I’m glad I got that off my chest.
But you don’t need an ice cream attachment for this dessert right here because this could not be easier to make. Seriously! I used chocolate mint ice cream sandwiches! I did whip up some whipping cream to put in between the ice cream sandwiches, that’s about as hard as this gets. Then all you do is layer. Ice cream sandwiches. Whipping cream. Ice cream sandwiches. Whipping cream. Ice cream sandwiches. Whipping cream. Chocolate dipping sauce. Then I topped this puppy with some Aero Bubbles peppermint and cherries, lots of cherries. And then you end up with this. A dreamy ice cream sandwich cake. The end.
More delicious recipes from my kitchen
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Chocolate Mint and Cherry Ice Dream Cake
- 12 Chocolate Mint ice cream sandwiches
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup chocolate sauce (dipping sauce, store bought)
- 1 cup Nestle Aero Bubbles Peppermint
- 1 chocolate bar (your choice)
- 1 cup cherries
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream until firm peaks form.
- Unwrap the ice cream sandwiches. Place 4 sandwiches side by side together on a serving platter. Spread with a third of the cream over the sandwiches. Repeat with 2 more layers. Top layer should be whipping cream. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to firm.
- Drizzle the stack with chocolate sauce. You can cut the aero bubbles in half or just sprinkle them whole over the top of the ice cream stack. Chop the chocolate bar and drizzle over the top. Finish topping with cherries.
Recipe inspired from www.taste.com.au