These Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars covered in frosting and cranberries are melt in your mouth good and a perfect sweet treat when on the go.
It’s the 5th day of my 12 Days of Tasty Treats and all I can say is that I’ve been baking like crazy and loving every minute of it! Before I start and talk about these wonderful bliss bars, I wanted to take a moment and remind you to go ahead and enter my KitchenAid mixer contest, for your chance to win that gorgeous empire red mixer. I have been reading your comments all day with your answers to the my question and you have made me cry and laugh. You guys are so great, so thank you for sharing with me your favorite Christmas traditions.
Cranberry Bliss Bars! They are to die for. Need I say more? Fine. My friend introduced me to them a short while ago when we were at the Starbucks Drive Through and she insisted that I must try these bliss bars. So we bought one and shared it, and that a mistake because it was a tiny little triangle which meant we were both not satisfied when we were done, so we set it upon ourselves to go ahead and make these delectable morsels ourselves, and so we did. Now we have lots of them, and boy are they perfect with a cup of coffee. The bar itself is loaded with cranberries and white chocolate chips, but then that icing is divine.
You’ll notice I used the same icing recipe as in the Gingerbread Loaf so if you’re going to make it, simply double it up and use it for both recipes. You take that yummy cream cheese icing and spread it completely over the bars, don’t be shy, make sure you slather it on thick, then top with more cranberries, tis the season after all. I then placed the pan in the fridge for a few minutes for the icing to set a bit, makes it easier for cutting, then drizzled it with some melted white chocolate and cut it into squares then triangles. Let me just say they are incredible, sweet little morsels that are the perfect accompaniment to your morning cup of joe.
Check out the most recent 12 Days of Tasty Treats!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
For the Base
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 2 oz white chocolate chips
For the Base
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 12 x 16 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the brown sugar, butter and salt to the bowl of your mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat on medium until well combined. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time and continue beating until light and creamy.
- Add the ginger, flour and baking powder to the bowl and continue beating until well incorporated.
- Fold in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips using a spatula.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes until the middle is baked through. Do not over bake or the bars will be very dry. Allow to cool.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice to the bowl of your mixer and beat using the whisk attachment, until well incorporated, and the icing is smooth and creamy.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled down crust and sprinkle the chopped dried cranberries on top.
- Place the white chocolate in a cup and microwave, stirring with spoon in between as it starts to melt. Continue stirring until chocolate is melted then transfer it to a ziploc bag and twist the end around the chocolate. When ready to drizzle, snip the end with the scissors.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the top and allow the bars to set until the frosting is not sticky to the touch. This will make it easier to cut the bars.
- Trim the ends of the bars for even edges then cut into squares, then cut the squares diagonally into triangles.