Crispy Baked Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings – these will probably be the simplest and most amazing wings you’ll ever make. Generously seasoned with salt and pepper and baked to a crisp perfection!
I can never make enough chicken wings, they go way too fast. Between hubs and the dog, I’m lucky if I get a couple chicken wings. Not to mention salt and pepper wings are both our favorites.
There’s a pub in our neighbourhood we frequent often, and on Tuesday nights they have wings for .29 cents and we always always get the salt and pepper wings.
But I’ll be honest with you now and tell you that mine are better. Not because of the ingredients, I mean let’s face it, we’re talking salt and pepper, but simply because my wings are baked.
Baked Chicken Wings
I always bake my chicken wings, and they are so much better than the fried ones. They turn out super crispy and not to mention a lot less calories.
Salt and pepper wings, make this your project this weekend and enjoy them, guilt free! I did use smoked sea salt on my wings and let me tell you that if you’ve never had smoked sea salt before, you are missing out, it will give your wings a nice smokey flavor.
I’d love to hear how you like it, if you’ve tried it! Hubs and I went wild and bought a bunch of smoked sea salt, we put that shit on everything now. It’s about as wild as we go!
How Long Do You Bake Chicken Wings for
Chicken wings take about 40 minutes to bake until they’re nice and crispy at 425 F degrees. However, each oven is different, so start looking in on them after 30 minutes.
Craving More Chicken Wings? Try These:
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Crispy Baked Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all wings in a medium sized bowl. Drizzle the wings with the olive oil and toss well, making sure each wing is coated with a bit of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken wings with the pepper and salt, and toss well.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer on the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until they're golden crisp.
- Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if preferred and garnish with some chopped parsley.
- Serve while warm.