Crockpot Cashew Chicken – forget Chinese takeout, this right here is what you need! Easy to prep, delicious flavors and a crowd pleaser.
Life is good. It’s the weekend again, it’s super sunny outside, not a cloud in the sky and it’s pretty warm. Life is pretty yummy. Sunny warm weather in January and this crockpot cashew chicken right here. Life is pretty good.
If you don’t own a crockpot I suggest you run right out and get one. It’s the best thing since sliced bread. Seriously.
But forget about crockpots and let’s focus on this chicken right here. Are you one of those people that love to order Chinese food. Go ahead, raise your hand, I’m right there with you. But you know what, you never know what goes in that food, yes they taste great but you always wonder.
Well do not worry anymore, this cashew chicken is right up there with Chinese takeout but you make it at home yourself and you know what goes in your food. It’s all good. It’s a win win situation. Uh, did I mention it’s delicious? It’ll go before you can say I love this chicken!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Leave a comment below and rate this recipe or take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Crockpot Cashew Chicken
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 3 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh, grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in a ziploc bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place the chicken in your crockpot.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, bbq sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in cashews.