This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Our first snow of the year, today. It does not make me happy. Mind you it’s not a lot and it’s not sticking, but the fact of the matter is, it’s snow.
I know you’re probably thinking what do you expect in Calgary, but the thing is, it’s been such a beautiful summer here, and the fall has been beautiful as well, I just don’t want it all to end.
Enough of my weather rant, let’s get on with today’s recipe which is very simple, it’s one of my favorite appetizers to order at a restaurant, the garlic cheese bread.
You can’t go wrong with garlic cheese bread. It’s good, it’s more than good, it’s yummy and cheesy. Come on, everything cheesy is good. So on this day I was in the mood for some garlicky cheesy bread, and so I made some. I just so happened to have this gorgeous ciabatta bread which is what I used here for my bread. To make this cheesy bread is easier than you might think. I just finely chopped a clove of garlic and mixed it with some olive oil, salt and pepper. With a pastry brush, I brushed it on top of the bread, then sprinkled the mozzarella cheese. And because I just love basil so much, I added some, I just love the flavor and smell most of all, of fresh basil.
What’s not to love about this bread? It’s super quick to make, and it’s the perfect snack or appetizer.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Garlic Cheese Bread
- 10 slices of french bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Brush the oil mixture over each slice of bread, making sure you use all the garlic. Sprinkle mozzarella on each slice, then add a bit of basil to each slice.
- Bake for about 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and it's slightly golden.