Lemony Tilapia Fish Sticks – panko breadcrumbs + tilapia + lemon = healthy and delicious dinner for only 214 calories a serving.
Every once in a while I get in the mood for fish. Not often, I’m not a big fish eater, though I do like lobster and sushi and all that. But fish not so much. I do know that fish is good for you though, especially tilapia. It’s such a lean fish, very high in protein and just good for you. It’s not fishy at all, that’s why I love this fish.
There are so many ways to cook tilapia, but why not bake them and save yourself some calories. This is a very simple recipe and a perfect opportunity for me to cook with panko breadcrumbs again. You dip in flour, egg then panko. Super simple and you can have a healthy dinner in 35 minutes. Perfect meal for a busy week night.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Lemony Tilapia Fish Sticks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 6 oz tilapia fillets, cut into 2 1/2 inch strips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon slices optional
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl combine flour, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Place eggs in a second shallow bowl, and panko in a third shallow bowl.
- Working with 1 tilapia strip at a time, dip in flour mixture, then in egg, then roll in panko, pressing gently to coat. Place on baking sheet; drizzle with oil.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon slices and cocktail sauce if desired.