Mushroom and Chicken in Beer Sauce – beer makes everything better.
If you’re not much of a cook or don’t like cooking because it’s time consuming, then you’ve got to try this dish. Some of these dishes don’t really require a recipe, as a matter of fact I didn’t use a recipe for this, but I”m listing here for you, because I love you. 🙂
But honestly, if you don’t have a lot of time, or are tired from a long day at work, trust me nothing beats a home cooked meal. I know it’s easier to go buy something outside, but home cooked meals make you feel better, plus you know what goes in them, so I think they’re healthier and better for you.
Besides this dish has beer in it, so how can you say you wouldn’t want to make this.
Why not? Beer is excellent in stews and it makes your stews taste amazing.
I love making stews with mushrooms and you can use any part of the chicken you want for this, I chose to make mine with chicken wings. Oh it’s so good and so easy to make. Serve this with some great bread you can use it to dip in your sauce, oh they will love you for it.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Mushroom and Chicken in Beer Sauce
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 bottle beer
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet add the butter and olive oil and melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the chicken wings and fry them until they are slightly browned, they do not have to be fully cooked, as they will be cooked later on in the sauce. Remove chicken wings from skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook for a couple minutes until onion is softened. Add mushrooms and continue cooking for about 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir.
- Add beer and cream, paprika, salt and pepper, mix it all together. Add chicken wings back to the skillet and make sure there’s enough sauce to cover the chicken, if not add some water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, making sure it doesn’t stick.
- Sprinkle with dill and parsley and serve hot.