This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Nutella Pecan Scones – the ultimate and perfect scone. For all the Nutella fans, this scone with chopped pecans is for you!
I was first introduced to nutella when I was a kid, maybe 10 years old. Well ever since then it’s been a love affair. I love nutella any way you serve it to me. I love it on bread, I love it with breadsticks, with fruits, stuffed in wontons with fruits, over ice cream, in a sandwich with bananas, stuffed in donuts, and of course plain.
I love nutella and that’s all there is to it.
Whew I’m glad that’s out of the way. Now way back I know I said the perfect combination would be a recipe with nutella and bacon together, two of the most important food groups. I have not yet come up with that recipe, but not to worry, it’s still in the back of my mind. So some day…….nutella + bacon = love!
But until then, I will satisfy your taste buds with this ultra delicious nutella pecan scone. It is the perfect scone! I had one for breakfast! I just had one after dinner, then I had to give them away to my neighbor afraid I would eat them all by myself. If you have self control keep them all to yourself and eat them when you please. But can I just put this vision in your mind. It’s a beautiful summer day, you’re on your deck lounging, this scone in your right hand and great cup of coffee in your left hand. To me that’s perfection.
And that’s how I roll!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Nutella Pecan Scones
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in the butter until your mixture resembles pea sized crumbles.
- In a small bowl mix together the heavy cream and the egg. To it add the nutella and whisk it in. Pour the cream mixture into the dry ingredients and using a fork start to work the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the dough comes together. Add in the pecans and knead it a few times until the dough stays together.
- Shape the dough into a disk that's about an inch in thickness and about 8 to 10 inches in diameter. Cut the dough into 8 equal wedges just like you would cut a pizza.
- Place the wedges onto the lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Drizzle the top of the scones with additional nutella if preferred.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.