This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Nutty Banana Sundae – perfect summer treat, delicious and refreshing.I love summer and one of the main reasons I love summer is the fact that I can eat ice cream, because it’s hot enough. I know you’re probably thinking that I could eat ice cream all year round, but not really, as soon as I have ice cream in the winter, immediately I get a soar throat.
Not in the summer. I can eat lots of ice cream. So because I can only eat ice cream in the summer I try and make it a special occasion whenever I do so. This is why I strongly recommend this nutty banana sundae. It’s out of this world.
The bananas are cut in half, sprinkled with sugar and grilled until the sugar caramelizes and the bananas have grill marks on them. This makes them taste fantastic. And if you use a good vanilla ice cream, well this will make you happy. Trust me.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Nutty Banana Sundae
- 2 large firm bananas peeled, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate sauce
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium, 300 F degrees to 350 F degrees.
- Sprinkle cut sides of banana halves with sugar. Place bananas on grill, sugar side up. Grill covered for 2 minutes. Turn bananas with sugar side down and grill for another 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly softened and grill marks form. Remove from grill; let cool slightly.
- Cut each banana half in half. Place 2 banana slices and 1 scoop of ice cream in each of 4 dessert bowls. Drizzle with chocolate sauce, top with peanuts, and serve.