This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Popcorn Turkey – small bite size turkey, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Have you ever had the popcorn chicken from KFC? I have once and I liked it. I’m not usually a big fan of KFC, I just find their chicken too greasy. But I do love the popcorn chicken, so I thought I’d try and make some myself, only I tried it with turkey breast instead, well simply because that’s what I had in the fridge.
The batter I made was super simple too. Basically I just mixed flour, milk, eggs and my favorite spice, Emeril’s essence. Cut up the turkey in very small pieces, then toss the turkey in the batter. To make them extra crispy, I thought it would be great if I tossed them through some bread crumbs as well. That was a great idea. The popcorn turkey turned out very crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. It was delicious. I served it with Frank’s sweet chili sauce and it was incredible and a great snack.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp <a href=”http://www.jocooks.com/other/emerils-essence/”>Emeril’s Essence</a>
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 large turkey breast
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Frank’s sweet chili sauce optional
- Cut up the turkey breast in small little pieces, about 1 inch x 1 inch.
- Heat up the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, eggs, milk and emeril’s essence. Mix well.
- Toss the turkey in the batter making sure each piece is coated all over.
- In a large ziploc bag add the breadcrumbs. Using a few pieces of turkey at a time, toss them through the breadcrumbs. Fry a few pieces at a time, so they don’t stick together. I made 3 batches for mine.
- Serve with Frank’s sweet chili sauce if desired.