This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I have to tell you that these pizza dough pretzels and bagels turned out unbelievable. I was wondering what else I can make with the pizza dough, so I just wanted to try some pretzels and see how they would turn out. They were so good. They are perfect for sandwiches or paninis.
So I had some pizza dough left over because I just made a pizza and I didn’t want to freeze. On a floured surface knead the dough for a couple times.
Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces.
Next roll out each piece of dough into long strips. I wanted to make pretzels. So take the piece, fold it in half and twist it twice.
Next bring the two ends up to form a pretzel and pinch the dough so that it would stick.
See how gorgeous it looks. Now my husband wanted bagels so he made his bagels.
I think his bagel looks pathetic next to my pretzel. My pretzels were gorgeous. But then, I let them rise and double in size.
See what happened? It turned out like a big roll. Next time I’m going to make the strip longer and thinner. Meanwhile now my husband’s bagels look a lot better.
Anyway, brush them with the egg wash and sprinkle them with salt, or poppy seeds or sesame seeds. Bake them at 450 F degrees for about 15 or 20 mins or until they are nice and golden brown.
There’s my pretzels, and here’s my husband’s bagels.
No matter which ones look better, they were both just as delicious. You have to try these, it can’t get any easier to make your own bagels or pretzels.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Pretzels and Bagels Made from Pizza Dough
- ½ pizza dough
- 1 egg for egg wash
- salt for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- Cut the pizza dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece either into a pretzel shape or bagel shape.
- Place the pretzels on a baking sheet and let double in size, for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Brush the pretzels with the egg wash and sprinkle with salt if preferred. You can sprinkle with poppy seeds or sesame seeds as well.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until nice and golden brown.