This Pumpkin Raisin Nut Bread is made healthier with a couple secret ingredients. Super perfect for breakfast or a snack!
I love to bake and I love to bake breads, any type of breads. I love breads like banana breads, walnut breads, and pumpkin breads. I find them ideal for breakfast, perfect type of breakfast when you’re in a rush in the morning.
I modified this bread a little bit because I wanted to make it healthier, so I cut out the oil and replaced it with apple sauce and replaced some of the flour with rolled oats. You won’t miss the oil, trust me. The bread is still delicious and you’ll love it, and it’s now good for you.
I’ve been experimenting with replacing oil with apple sauce when baking these breads, trying to see if there would be a difference, in taste and in consistency. I have to tell you I haven’t been able to notice a difference. I always hated the fact that some of these breads call for up to a cup of oil to be added, which I always thought was ridiculous. Apple sauce is a great alternative and your breads still turn out moist and delicious.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Leave a comment below and rate this recipe or take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Pumpkin Raisin Nut Bread
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped, walnuts can also be used
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine pumpkin, eggs, applesauce, water, vanilla and sugar until well blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, rolled oats, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Fold in the raisins and pecans. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.