This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quail Eggs and Prosciutto Crostini – perfect little crostini appetizers with fresh quail eggs, asiago cheese and prosciutto.
The contest is now closed.
I have been working on my blog now for about a year and a half and I have really enjoyed it. I have learned many things from blogging about food, most of all to expand my horizons and to try different recipes. One thing’s for sure, when you have a food blog you don’t eat the same food often.
As a thank you to all my readers I want to give away a set of KitchenAid pans. These are pans that I use myself and love because they are great, just like any other KitchenAid products. This is not an endorsement from KitchenAid, this is from me to you because I really appreciate you guys for reading my blog.
But before we get on to the contest, I’d like to talk about these adorable quail eggs that my husband bought. I’m ashamed to admit I’ve never had quail eggs before. Look at how adorable these little eggs are and trust me when I say they are truly little, each egg is just over one inch and they are the cutest things.
I was wondering what to make with them, and I could make lots of things because we have lots, so you’re probably going to see more quail egg recipes here over the next few days.
But I love crostini and thought these quail eggs would be perfect for crostini. The crostini I made are with asiago cheese, prosciutto and quail eggs. You don’t need to add any salt to these crostini because there is plenty of salt from the asiago cheese and the prosciutto. These crostinis are ideal for appetizers or even just to eat as a snack. My husband and I loved these. You’ll find the recipe below the giveaway contest details.
Now on to the giveaway. To be eligible to win this set of KitchenAid Hard Anodized Nonstick 9″ and 11.5″ Skillet Twin Pack all you have to do is the following:
- Please like my facebook page here
- Please follow me on pinterest here
- Comment on this post and let me know you’ve done steps 1 and 2.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Quail Eggs and Prosciutto Crostini and a Kitchenaid Giveaway
- 1/2 crusty French or Italian loaf cut into slices
- 10 quail eggs
- 10 thin slices asiago cheese
- 5 slices prosciutto cut in half
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fresh basil for garnish
- Place the slices of bread on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake under the broiler for about 3 minutes until the bread is crusty. Be careful not to burn it.
- Fry the quail eggs in a little bit of olive oil and separate each quail egg.
- On each slice of bread add a slice of asiago cheese, prosciutto and a quail egg. Add freshly ground pepper and garnish with chopped fresh basil.