Red White and Blue Brownie Pizza – the perfect dessert for your 4th of July celebration. A delicious brownie crust topped with a cream cheese frosting and loaded with berries!
Yes, I know I’m Canadian, but I worked in the states for 10 years, so I think that allows me to celebrate 4th of July. Plus we used to live right by the Detroit border and every year Windsor and Detroit celebrates 4th of July and Canada Day together with the biggest and best fireworks display! Thousands and thousands of people gather by the Detroit river to watch the best fireworks of the year. I have to say I really miss that. Even if we didn’t go to see them every year I could certainly hear them from my house and would always watch them on TV.
So this year I decided to make a red white and blue brownie pizza as a tribute to my 10 years of working in the US. The last fruit pizza I made was really successful at my house. I have to say the brownie crust is my favorite though, it’s chewy it’s chocolaty, it’s just yummy.
What’s not to love about brownies, cream cheese and berries. You can’t go wrong! Now we can definitely turn this into a brownie pizza for Canada day, just replace the blueberries with more strawberries, maybe in the shape of a maple leaf, and voila!
This dessert is super easy to make too. You know I love to take shortcuts, so I used a store bought brownie mix and I’m glad I did, because in 2 minutes my brownie crust was baking in the oven.
That cream cheese frosting is also super easy to make, just 3 ingredients, sugar, vanilla extract and cream cheese, beat the crap out of it until it’s nice and smooth. And all that’s left to do is assemble it. It’s so easy, your kids could put this pizza together. Then all that’s left to do is eat!
OTHER 4TH OF JULY RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 1 box brownie mix I used Betty Crocker Chocolate Chunk Brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Prepare a pizza pan or a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In your mixer add all the brownie ingredients and and mix just until everything is well blended. Spread the brownie mix over the parchment paper to form a circle that's about 14 inches in diameter. Bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- In your mixer add the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract and mix well until smooth.
- Using a spatula spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the brownie crust.
- Arrange berries over the cream cheese mixture.
- Slice and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!