Shrimp Fiesta Quesadillas – who doesn’t like delicious quesadillas? The ingredients here makes this quesadilla one of the best you’ll ever try.
I love this quesadilla recipe and I’m very excite to share this with you. I don’t cook too much with shrimp so I thought this would be perfect to use up the shrimp I had in the freezer. I’m glad I did. This was so delicious, both my husband and I really loved this and enjoyed these quesadillas.
Quesadillas are so easy to make and they are so delicious and full of flavor. They are just perfect for lunch or dinner, it’s one of my favorite things to order at a restaurant.
For this recipe, I seasoned the shrimp with some Tex Mex seasoning and sauteed them in a skillet with some melted butter. Just cook them for a about 3 minutes, or until they’re pink on both sides. These shrimp are so good, you could probably eat them just on their own and they smell heavenly.
After you take out the shrimp, add another tablespoon of butter then add the chopped onions and chopped peppers to the same skillet and saute them a bit until onion is cooked through. Add the corn and continue cooking for a few more minutes. This veggie mixture is so delicious that you could make these quesadillas just with the veggies and have one delicious vegetarian version.
I used whole wheat tortillas here which I love because they’re only 130 calories for a large tortilla. Start layering some mozzarella cheese, then half the shrimp and half the veggies.
Add a bit more mozzarella cheese because we love cheese quesadillas.
Lay another tortilla on top and grill the quesadilla on both sides until cheese melts. I use my Cuisinart panini press for this, I love this panini press, perfect for grilled cheese sandwiches too.
Repeat with the rest of the ingredients, this makes 2 large quesadillas which is 4 servings. And that’s all there is to this recipe. Slice the quesadillas and serve with some salsa, or sour cream, even some guacamole would be perfect. They are delicious and so filling.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Shrimp Fiesta Quesadillas
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large skillet. Season shrimp with the Tex Mex seasoning. Add shrimp to skillet and saute for about 3 to 5 minutes just until shrimp is cooked.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside. In the same skillet add remaining tablespoon of butter and add onions and peppers to it. Saute onions and peppers until onion is translucent then add frozen corn and cook for a 3 more minutes.
- Assemble the quesadillas by layering mozzarella cheese, shrimp, then veggies and then more mozzarella cheese on a tortilla and top with another tortilla. Grill quesadilla until cheese melts.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.