Smoked Salmon Quesadillas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce – easy to make, but you’ll want to savor them for as long as possible.
Smoked Salmon Quesadillas
It’s a long weekend here in Canada, it’s the Victoria Day May long weekend. I love long weekends, perfect time for spending with family and enjoying good food and drinks. My starter to this great long weekend are these wonderful smoked salmon quesadillas with creamy chipotle sauce. They are so delicious and they take just minutes to prepare.
The creamy chipotle sauce is amazing. It’s made with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce which I discovered a little while ago and I just love it. The recipe makes about 2/3 cup of this delicious sauce, so you probably won’t be using it all, but I wouldn’t throw it out, it’s like gold, save it and spread it on sandwiches. You’ll love it.
More Delicious Recipes To Try
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Smoked Salmon Quesadillas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cream cheese softened
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 3 flour tortillas 8 inches
- 3 ounce smoked salmon chopped
- ¼ cup green onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup roasted sweet red peppers finely chopped
- fresh cilantro chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the chipotle sauce. In another bowl, mix cream cheese and feta cheese until blended; spread over tortillas. Top half side of each with the salmon, green onions and red pepper; fold over.
- Place quesadillas on a greased griddle. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese has melted. Serve with the chipotle sauce and top with cilantro.
- Recipe adapted from Taste Of Home magazine.