Last updated on March 1st, 2018 at 10:33 am
This Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake is loaded with strawberries and drizzled with a strawberry coulis. Incredibly delicious and best of all it doesn’t call for sugar.
This post is brought to you in partnership with SPLENDA® Stevia Sweetener! Although I’ve been compensated for my time, all opinions are 100% my own.
Valentine’s day is just around the corner and while I’m not one that really celebrates it, I never turn away an occasion to bake something. This strawberry bundt cake is ideal for this holiday so it’s a great easy cake to surprise your loved ones.
The best thing about this cake though is that the only sugar in it, is from the naturally occurring sugars in the fruits and Greek yogurt. By using SPLENDA® Stevia Sweetener in place of sugar, you are reducing the total sugar, since SPLENDA® Stevia Sweetener is calorie and sugar free. Stevia is not only good to sweeten your coffee in the morning, you can also use it in fruit pies, sauces, cheesecake, muffins, quick bread and custards.
High blood sugar runs in my family, both my parents have it and my sister has diabetes. However we all still love our desserts, and I’m always in charge of making them. Sometimes it’s a challenge to bake something with less added sugar that still tastes good, which is why SPLENDA® Stevia Sweetener is so perfect for my family.
This cake still tasted sweet and delicious and if you didn’t know it, you’d think I used regular sugar in it. It really was that good.
SPLENDA® Stevia Sweetener will also help you keep your resolution to achieve balance and live a healthy lifestyle. It’s made with only non-GMO ingredients and is a safe alternative to sugar. Unlike other stevia sweeteners on the market, SPLENDA® Stevia Sweetener has no bitter after taste.
With SPLENDA® Stevia Sweetener you really can have your cake and eat it too.
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS BUNDT CAKE:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- 2 cups strawberries frozen
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 packets SPLENDA® Stevia Sweetener
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 10 or 12 cup Bundt pan generously with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl combine the flour with the baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium size bowl add the eggs and the stevia. Whisk well. Add the butter, yogurt, vanilla extract and whisk well. Whisk in the lemon zest.
- In another bowl toss together the strawberries with the 1 tbsp of flour. This will ensure that the strawberries won't sink to the bottom of the cake.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir it using a spatula. Do not over mix, you just want to make sure that the flour is well incorporated into the batter.
- Fold in the strawberries into the cake batter. Transfer the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 15 minutes before removing from the bundt pan, then continue cooling on a wire rack or serving plate.
- While the cake is baking you can prepare the strawberry coulis. In a saucepan, add all the strawberry coulis ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to a medium-low and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until the strawberries are soft and the sauce thickens a bit.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Let the coulis cool completely before drizzling over the bundt cake.