Last updated on April 23rd, 2019 at 03:14 pm
These Tex Mex Breakfast Wraps are perfect to prep over the weekend and have breakfast for the whole week. They’re loaded with beef, hash brown potatoes, black beans, eggs, lots of cheese and Tex Mex flavors!
This post is brought to you in partnership with Flatout! Although I’ve been compensated for my time, all opinions are 100% my own.
I will admit that breakfast really is my favorite meal of the day. I just love breakfast food, any kind of breakfast food and I will try my hardest to never skip it. Though I remember back when I was in school or commuting to work, there were many times when breakfast would be forgotten. Which is why these breakfast wraps are so perfect for busy mornings.
This recipe will make a lot of breakfast wraps and the good news is that they are freezer friendly, which means in the morning all you have to do is pop one in the microwave for about 4 or 5 minutes, while you’re still getting ready and you’ve got breakfast on the go.
I made these yummy wraps using Flatout flatbreads, The Original. Flatout has many different products, so feel free to use whichever one you like. Here in Calgary I find them at Walmart and I love them because they are so versatile and are perfect for wraps, pizzas or rollups, to name a few.
Check out some of my other recipes using Flatout flatbreads:
- Mini Mexican Street Corn Salad Tacos
- Chimichurri Steak Quesadillas
- Cheesy Chicken Veggie Rollups
- Southwestern Wraps
These breakfast wraps are loaded with goodies, the main one being the Tex Mex flavored beef with fire roasted tomatoes. Next we have hash brown potatoes. I used the cubed ones here and frozen, no need to cook them first, they will heat up in the oven as you bake these wraps. I also added scrambled eggs, some black beans and lots and lots of cheese.
The great thing is that this recipe will make a lot of wraps, which means you’ll have breakfast for the entire week. Breakfast was never easier and more delicious!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Tex Mex Breakfast Wraps (Freezer Friendly)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder mild
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 14.5 oz fire roasted tomatoes (1 can)
- 8 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- 14 Flatout flatbreads
- 2 cups hash brown potatoes frozen
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees.
In a large skillet add the ground beef, break it up then add the onion, chili powder, cumin, and taco seasoning. Stir well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and fire roasted tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes or until all liquid is gone. Transfer to a bowl. Drain the fat if any.
- Wipe the skillet with a paper towel. Add the eggs, season with salt and pepper and gently whisk until they start to set and are cooked. Transfer to a bowl.
- Assemble the wraps by layering ingredients on the flatbreads. Start with about 1 or 2 tbsp of hash brown potatoes, a couple tbsp of beef mixture, 1 tbsp of black beans, 2 tbsp scrambled eggs, 2 tbsp cheese and cilantro, then roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining ingredients. You should have enough ingredients for about 14 wraps.
- Place the rolls seam side down onto a large baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!