This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Burrito Bowls – try the popular burrito bowl at home.
I’m sorry, but there’s something I have to whine about here, and that is how much I dislike cilantro. I usually hate whining, but there are some herbs and veggies I just can’t stomach. So yeah, cilantro is one of those herbs. I have to admit though, it does work great on some dishes, for example on this fish taco recipe and in these burrito bowls. The rest of the time, when a recipe calls for cilantro I always go with parsley.
I know what you’re thinking, that parsley and cilantro are nothing alike in flavor and I know that. I just don’t like it.
Enough about that. No more whining from me. At least for a little while.
Whether you use cilantro or not in these chicken burrito bowls, they are full of flavor and so fantastic. Did I mention they are super healthy? Loads of veggies! And there’s chicken too, trust me there is, underneath all the veggies. Squeeze some fresh lime juice on these burrito bowls and you’ll have a party in your mouth.
Your body will thank you.
Now if you like my recipes come and follow my new board on pinterest, Great Food Bloggers Recipes, also let me know if you’d like to join the board as a pinner. You’ll find lots of great recipes here, trust me, you’ll be drooling.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut in small pieces
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper julienned
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup canned corn whole corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 – 2 tbsp tex mex seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil; season the chicken with the tex mex seasoning. Add chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook for about 5 min until onion is caramelized. Add additional olive oil if necessary. Also season with salt and pepper if preferred or additional tex mex spice.
- Begin layering the bowls with chicken pepper mixture, black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado and shredded cheese. You may also serve these over a bed of rice, but I just used mixed leaf salad. Top with cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice over the bowls. Serve with sour cream or salsa.