Corn with Jalapeno-Garlic Butter – this jalapeno-garlic butter adds a new flavor dimension to this summer favorite.
Summer is coming and the best part about it is that we can start grilling. One of my favorite things to grill is corn. I love corn any way you give it to me, but my favorite is grilled corn on the cob.
But I have a confession to make.
I’m not a big fan of putting butter on my corn. I just like to put a little bit of salt and have at it.
However I came across this recipe and thought why not? Jalapeno-garlic butter?
All I can say is that it works. You have spicy and garlicky at the same time. It adds a new dimension to the corn. It is absolutely amazing.
If you wonder where I came across this recipe, it was at Superstore. They have these little recipe cards that are free for people to take, and most of the time I never think twice about looking at them, but this time this corn recipe caught my eye and I picked up the card.
I’m glad I did, because the corn was delicious. I also think it’s a great way to impress your guests this summer if you are having a BBQ party. It’s not something you see everyday.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Corn with Jalapeno-Garlic Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 2 large garlic clove minced
- 5 ears of corn husked, silks removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the jalapeno-garlic butter, in a small saucepan combine butter, jalapeno and garlic. Cook over low heat until the butter melts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm
- Preheat grill to medium (350 F degrees).
- Brush 5 tablespoons of the melted jalapeno-garlic butter on corn. Grill, covered, 10 to 15 minutes or until corn is tender, turning frequently. Remove from grill.
- Cut cobs into quarters or slices, and place on a serving plate. Drizzle with remaining jalapeno-garlic butter and serve.