This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Jamaican Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps are spicy, delicious and super healthy. Perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I have been trying to come up with dishes like this Jamaican jerk chicken lettuce wraps, or pork medallions over collard greens which you will be able to find in my new ebook. Yep, I am finally writing an ebook with easy and healthy dinner recipes which I’m hoping to have out by the summer.
Anyway, let’s focus on this Jamaican jerk chicken. It is spiiiiiiiicy! So if you can’t handle the heat, please reduce the Jamaican jerk seasoning, but if you love spicy then this chicken is for you. I cut it into small little pieces, as small as I could and sprinkled the Jamaican jerk seasoning over it and cooked it for a few minutes, it will cook quickly because of how small the pieces are. I didn’t use oil, I just sprayed a non stick skillet with cooking spray.
I have tried this low carb thing before and while I can’t do it long term I can definitely do it for a couple weeks. I have to say hubs is struggling with it more than I am because he’s a Nutella junkie. However, when he saw these lettuce wraps he was in love.
And the great thing about these lettuce wraps is that you can eat as many of them as you please because they are very low carb and boy are they ever delicious. But spicy! I used Boston lettuce here for the lettuce simply because that’s the only lettuce we buy all the time, but really you can use your favorite lettuce. I also used some cole slaw mix which I love to add to my salads, some peanuts and cilantro of course. The mayo sauce is also spicy because it’s mixed with a bit more Jamaican jerk seasoning and it is yummy!
To finish these babies off just squeeze a lime over them and you’re good to go. I think these are perfect for lunch or even for a super healthy dinner.
More Delicious Recipes To Try
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Sprinkle 1 or 2 tbsp of the Jamaican jerk seasoning over the chicken and toss making sure each piece is generously seasoned. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for a few minutes, it will cook in about 5 to 7 minutes or so because pieces are fairly small.
- Make the sauce by mixing together the mayonnaise with a bit of Jamaican jerk seasoning.
- To assemble the lettuce wraps, top each lettuce leaf with some of the coleslaw mix, chicken, green onions, cilantro, peanuts and drizzle with a bit of the mayo sauce.
- This recipe yields about 8 or 9 lettuce wraps, 2 wraps per serving.
- To get the recipe for Jamaican Jerk Seasoning click here.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.