Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:40 am
Delicious Prosciutto and Veggie Sandwiches! These open faced veggie sandwiches are the perfect snack, lunch or appetizer.
Do you ever not feel like cooking? Of course you do and that was me today. It’s Monday, last day of the long weekend, and all I want to do is relax before another stressful week at work. I’m starting a new project and it’s going to be crazy and hectic from now until Christmas. But when I’m home I try not to think about work or bring my work home, which sometimes can be a challenge.
I wanted something quick and delicious for our lunch today. I had made some gorgeous challah bread yesterday which is just great for sandwiches and I had the most wonderful ingredients in the fridge like prosciutto, cocktail tomatoes and sweet pea shoots, which if you’ve never had before, are just perfect for sandwiches.
These sandwiches were just to die for. My husband is their biggest fan, but that’s not very hard, his favorite food is any type of sandwich. Anyway they’re pretty easy to make, just spread some cream cheese over the bread, add a thin slice of prosciutto and then top it with veggies.
- 6 slices of Challah bread
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 cocktail tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 cup of sweet pea shoots
- chives for garnish
- Spread cream on slices of bread. Lay a thin slice of prosciutto over the cream cheese.
- Slice the cucumbers and tomatoes really thin. Lay 3 or 4 slices of cucumbers over the prosciutto.
- Top with the pea shoots and add the tomato slices over the pea shoots to hold them in place.
- Garnish with chives.