Now that the holidays are over I have to admit I don’t feel like cooking much. I cooked so much over the holidays since Christmas was at my house, that I’ve just had enough. This is why you see recipes like this cauliflower or this BLT sandwich, because they don’t require much cooking.
I just need a little bit of a break, I think the holidays do that to all of us. So you know what we’ve been doing for dinner? Ordering take out, or making crockpot meals, like the wild rice and quinoa soup I’ll share with you next, because I really really love my crockpot, and it can’t get any easier to make meals. I’ve barely had the energy to take down the Christmas tree and the decorations, but I’m happy to say my house is now back to normal and all the signs of Christmas are gone. I’m back to work and it’s crazier and busier than ever. C’est la vie! Life goes on.
This roasted cauliflower here is a great healthy appetizer. I for one love love love cauliflower and I can eat it, raw, roasted, pickled, you name it. Speaking of which if you’ve never had pickled cauliflower, OMG, it’s the BOMB! Anyway this baby here is pretty damn delicious too! I cooked it in boiling water first just so that it gets a little bit tender then placed it under the broiler for a few minutes just so that it gets nice and crispy, though to tell you the truth I would have liked to keep it a bit more and have it a bit more burnt, but I got impatient! And that blue cheese dip is to die for, assuming you like blue cheese, if not, a simple feta cheese would work as well, though I for one love blue cheese.
And there you have it my friends, an awesome roasted head of cauliflower with blue cheese and sour cream dip!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Roasted Head of Cauliflower with Blue Cheese and Sour Cream Dip
- 1 head of cauliflower leaves removed
- 8 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 oz blue cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to sprinkle
- Add water, salt, pepper and bay leaf to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add head of cauliflower and cook for about 10 minutes, until a bit soft. You do not want it to be too soft, or mushy.
- In the meantime whisk together the blue cheese, sour cream and cream cheese and set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from the pot and place it on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet under your broiler that's set to high and roast for about 5 to 10 minutes or until brown all over.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve with blue cheese and sour cream dip.