This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How are you all guys doing in keeping up with your new year’s resolutions? I know it’s hard, but here’s a healthy chicken and mushroom dish that your whole family will love. Personally I love mushrooms, any kind of mushrooms and I love pairing up chicken with mushrooms. Come to think of it this dish would work great with shiitake mushrooms as well, but I just used regular white button mushrooms here. I also added some peas for color, however you can skip the peas, but personally I love peas.
Believe it or not a serving of this delicious chicken and mushroom dish has only 320 calories, which makes a perfect lunch or dinner. You can serve this on its own, or it would go perfectly great with some creamy mashed potatoes.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Skinnified Chicken and Mushrooms with White Wine
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb 400 g mushrooms, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Cut chicken breasts in small pieces, season with salt and pepper; sprinkle flour over chicken pieces and toss so that each piece of chicken is slightly coated with flour.
- Place frozen peas in a pot with hot water and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add chicken. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Add onions and garlic and stir. Cook until onions are translucent and chicken starts to brown. If you need some liquid, add a bit of chicken broth to the skillet.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add peas, chicken broth, white wine and season with salt and pepper as preferred. Cook uncovered until sauce is almost all reduced.
- Garnish with parsley.