Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Lemon Chess Pie
This Lemon Chess Pie is really easy to make and quick to put together. All the lemons simply make this pie divine, with its flaky crust and its incredible lemon curd like filling.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 9" pie shells store bought
Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
Add the sugar and butter to the bowl of your mixer and mix using the whisk attachment for about a minute until well incorporated. Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Add the milk, flour, cornmeal, salt, lemon zest and lemon juice and continue mixing for another minute until everything is well incorporated. Mixture will be quite thin.
Pour half of the filling in each of the pie shells. Place pie shells on a baking sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden and the center of the pie no longer jiggles when you shake the pie.
Transfer the pie to a wire rack and cool to room temperature before cutting. The center of the pie should be gooey, so don't fret if it begins to fall. This is what gives this lemon chess pie the silken texture.
- If you're using frozen store bought pie shells make sure you take them out of the freezer at least 15 minutes before using. Simply place them on the counter and let them thaw out at room temperature.
- I like to refrigerate the pies after after they come to room temperature, for at least an hour before cutting into it. I find they're easier to slice into.
- This recipe will yield 2 pies.
- You can store this pie in the fridge after snacking on your first few servings, properly sealed in plastic wrap it'll keep for up to 2 days.
- You can also freeze this pie, just be sure it's wrapped securely in both plastic wrap and aluminum foil before popping in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just allow the pie to thaw overnight in the fridge, no need to pop in the oven before eating!
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 41.4g | Protein: 3.3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5.4g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 207mg | Sugar: 34.4g