Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Asian Pork Rolls
These Asian Pork Rolls are the perfect party treat or snack. This delicious ground pork and water chestnut mixture is wrapped in puff pastry, cut into little rolls, baked to perfection then served with a spicy honey mustard sauce, making them a quintessential comfort food.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 8 oz water chestnuts 1 can, drained and chopped
- 5 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 boxes frozen puff pastry (4 sheets in total)
- 1 egg beaten, for egg wash
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
In a large skillet heat the sesame oil. Add the ground pork, ginger and garlic to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, breaking it up as you go along.
Stir in the Sriracha and soy sauce and cook for 1 more minute. Add the water chestnuts, green onions, cilantro and stir. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Season the meat mixture with pepper and stir in the 2 beaten eggs. Set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, working with one pastry sheet at a time, cut each pastry sheet into 3. Brush the edges of each piece of cut pastry with the beaten egg. Spread about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of the mixture along the center of each cut pastry. Roll each piece forming a log, pinching the ends together. Cut each log into 6 pieces.
Transfer the rolls to the prepared baking sheets, brush them with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. You will probably need 2 or 3 baking sheets depending on size.
Bake the rolls for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
While the rolls are baking, prepare the sauce by whisking all the sauce ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
Serve the rolls with the spicy honey mustard.
- These can be prepared in advance and stored in the freezer up to 4 months. Add 5 minutes to the baking time if they're frozen.
- Any type of hot sauce that you prefer can be used in this recipe.
- If you can't find water chestnuts, try apple pieces if you want the burst of sweetness, or chopped nuts if you're looking for texture.
- Nutritional information is for 1 pork roll and does not include the spicy honey mustard, you should get 72 pork rolls from this recipe.
- Please note that nutritional information can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1pork roll | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 39mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg