Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chocolate Cheesecake Santa Hats
Let these Chocolate Cheesecake Santa Hats take you on a taste bud adventure of rich and decadent double chocolate cheesecake bites topped with whipped cream and strawberries.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time55 mins
For the Crust
- 1 cup Oreo cookies * crushed
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 2 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt fine grain
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate melted and cooled to just warm
- 1 cup cool whip or whipped cream
- 12 strawberries
Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
In a bowl mix together the oreo cookie crumbs with the butter. Divide the mixture equally into each cup in the pan and press down. Bake for 7 minutes. **
Reduce heat to 300 F degrees.
Add the cream cheese and brown sugar to the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth for about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and continue mixing.
Add the sour cream, instant coffee, salt, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and melted chocolate to the mixer and mix until smooth. Do not over mix since over mixing can cause the cheesecakes to crack.
Spoon cheesecake batter into each cup and fill to the top. There should be enough batter for all 12 cups. If you have any leftover batter, I usually just bake it in little ramekins, makes for a great dessert.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let the cheesecakes cool completely before removing them from the pan. Refrigerate the cheesecakes for a couple hours so that they set properly.
Top each cheesecake with cool whip. I used a piping bag to pipe the cool whip easier. You could also use a plastic bag instead of a piping bag. Top the cheesecakes with a strawberry then pipe a bit of cool whip on each strawberry tip.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- * You can sometimes find Oreo baking crumbs in a box, but if you can't find them use Oreo cookies without the cream inside and just crush them up.
- ** I used my mini cheesecake pan with 12 cups. You can find it here.
- Cooked cheesecake freezes really well, just place the cakes fully cooled and uncovered on a pan in the freezer and allow to freeze entirely. Remove them and wrap fully in plastic wrap and aluminum foil till ready to eat. This method should ensure the cheesecake lasts 3 months.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1cake | Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 312mg | Potassium: 278mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 354IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg