Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine
Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine with an incredibly simple creamy sauce and crispy cajun shrimp with a little hit of heat. This can all be on your dinner table in 20 minutes tops!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 8 oz fettuccine
- 1 lb large shrimp deshelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Cook fettuccine according to package instructions.
Sprinkle the shrimp with 1 tbsp of cajun spice and toss well. Drizzle the flour over the shrimp and toss in a bowl to make sure each shrimp is covered in flour.
In a deep skillet add the butter and olive oil and heat over high heat. Add shrimp and cook on each side about 2 min until crisp. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
In the same skillet add chicken broth and heavy cream. Season with additional cajun spice if preferred and/or salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then add the Parmesan cheese and whisk. Add fettuccine and shrimp back to the pot and toss.
Garnish with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese.
- Try to buy a cajun seasoning with no salt to avoid making this recipe to salty.
- You can use cubed chicken for this recipe instead of shrimp.
- Store this pasta in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last 4-5 days, which makes it perfect for your weekly meal-prep!
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 688kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 438mg | Sodium: 1383mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2100IU | Vitamin C: 10.4mg | Calcium: 378mg | Iron: 4.3mg