Add to Collection
Go to Collections
One Pot Cheesy Taco Orzo
One Pot Cheesy Taco Orzo - picture the yumminess with this quick and delicious pot of perfect comfort food, ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy a big bowl of cheesy gooey goodness!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups orzo uncooked
- 2 cups taco skillet sauce
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp hot sauce such as Sriracha
- 1 cup cheese shredded, I used a blend of Mozzarella and Cheddar
- tomatoes chopped
- olives chopped
- green onions chopped
- fresh cilantro chopped
Add the ground beef to a large skillet and brown it over medium-high heat until it's no longer pink, breaking it up as you go along.
Add the chopped onion and garlic to the skillet and let it cook for about a minute, then add the chopped bell pepper. Stir everything together and cook for about 3 minutes until the onion is translucent and the pepper is tender.
Add the dry orzo to the skillet and turn the heat down to medium low. Stir in the taco skillet sauce and the chicken broth, season with salt and pepper then add the hot sauce. Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the cheese and remove from heat.
Top with tomatoes, olives, green onions and fresh cilantro before serving.
- If you cannot find taco skillet sauce, regular taco sauce or enchilada sauce can be used.
- You can use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.
- If you can't find orzo, small pastas such as shells or farfalle will work as well.
- If you use rice as a substitute, make sure to adjust the amount of chicken broth to suit the cooking instructions for the rice you're using.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 1146mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1343IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 3mg