Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Asian Chopped Chicken Salad
Asian Chopped Chicken Salad - a simple chopped salad with chicken and loaded with colorful veggies and great big flavors from a homemade sesame dressing.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups napa cabbage shredded
- 1 celery stalk chopped or julienned
- 1 cup carrots julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 cup edamame
- 1/2 English cucumber julienned
- 2 cups chicken breasts fully cooked, chopped (about 2 )
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
First make the dressing by adding all ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until creamy, about 30 seconds. Refrigerate until ready to use.
I julienned all the vegetables, but you could also chop them if preferred. In a large bowl, add the napa cabbage, celery, carrots, red bell pepper, edamame, cucumber, chicken breast and toss everything well together.
Add the sesame seeds, cilantro and the prepared dressing, then toss everything well together again. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- To julienne vegetables, cut them into long, thin strips, like matchsticks.
- I used pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. If you're using raw chicken breast, season with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes at 400F.
- Miso paste is a traditional Japanese seasoning made by fermenting soybeans with salt, rice, barley and other ingredients.
- If you cannot find miso paste, you can just omit it from the dressing or add a bit of fish sauce to the dressing.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 792mg | Potassium: 642mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4425IU | Vitamin C: 45.3mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 2.4mg