Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Quick Apple Turnovers
These Quick Apple Turnovers are perfect for when you have a sweet tooth and want something quick. Delicious flaky apple turnovers made with puff pastry, ready in no time and way better than store bought!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 8 medium apples peeled, cored, shredded or sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 2 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg for egg wash
Prepare apples: In a medium skillet heat the butter and then add the apples, cinnamon and sugar.
Cook until all the juice from the apples is soaked up and the apples are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Let the filling cool for about 5 minutes.
Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
Assemble turnovers: On a floured surface, roll out each sheet of pastry and cut into 4 pieces, each piece should be about 5 x 5 inches.
This will make 8 turnovers, so add 1/8 of the apple mixture to each pastry. You can fold it any way you want, either as a triangle or as a rectangle. Brush some egg around the edges of the pastry, then seal the edges with a fork.
Brush the turnovers with egg wash and cut a couple slits into each pastry.
Bake: Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until and and golden brown.
I've used store bought puff pastry in this recipe. You can definitely make your own if you'd like. You can also use any pie pastry if that's more convenient for you.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Cool them first, and do not ice them or sprinkle them with powdered sugar. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the turnovers in a single layer. Place the sheet in the freezer and flash freeze them for about an hour.
- After frozen, wrap each turnover in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then place them in a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to a month.
- Reheat foil-wrapped turnovers in a 325 degree F oven for 15 minutes, or until heated through. I also place mine in the microwave for a minute, without foil.
Serving: 1turnover | Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.9mg