Add to Collection
Go to Collections
The Perfect Banana Muffins
The Perfect Banana Muffins - learn the secret to making these bakery style jumbo muffins, dairy free and low fat with the perfect muffin dome.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 ripe bananas roughly mashed with a fork
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup milk I used lactose free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Prepare oven and muffin pan: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 6 or 12 muffing baking pan with cooking spray, or line it with muffin liners.
Combine dry ingredients: In a large bowl combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Combine wet ingredients: In another bowl whisk the mashed bananas with the eggs, applesauce, milk and vanilla extract.
Make batter: Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and using a spatula mix everything until the flour is moistened, don't over mix, and keep in mind the batter will be a bit lumpy.
Spoon into muffin tin: Spoon the muffin batter (I used an ice cream scoop) into the prepared muffin pan. The batter should be enough for 12 small muffins or 6 jumbo muffins.
Bake: Turn down the oven to 400 F degrees and place the muffins in the oven. Bake them for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- I used 4 medium bananas for this recipe, about 1 1/3 cup of mashed banana.
- For a dairy free version, use lactose free milk.
- You can substitute the apple sauce with 1/2 cup cold butter. Add the butter to the flour mixture and using a pastry blender cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the wet mixture to this and stir.
- Nutritional information is for based on 6 jumbo muffins, if making 12 muffins, divide everything by 2 to get nutritional information for a smaller muffin.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1jumbo muffin | Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 418mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 3.1mg