Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
This Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is a super simple yet delicious recipe to make for a restaurant quality dish, ready in just 30 minutes. So creamy and cheesy!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 12 oz fettuccine uncooked
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces, about 2
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 8 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped, for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Drop in the pasta all at once and quickly bring the water back to boil, stirring occasionally. Cook the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain well.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan melt the 2 tbsp of butter. Season the chicken with salt and pepper then add to the saucepan. Cook until slightly golden and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Melt the 8 tbsp of butter over medium-high heat in the same pan then add the ricotta cheese, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and stir to combine everything together. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste the sauce for salt and pepper and season as necessary.
Add the chicken and fettuccine back to the saucepan and toss everything together and continue cooking until heated through.
Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- I add ricotta cheese to this chicken Alfredo to make it more rich and smooth. You could leave it out if preferred, but I recommend trying it.
- You can store this recipe easily in the fridge. In an airtight container it’ll keep for 3 – 5 days just be sure it’s properly cooled before storing. Unfortunately this dish doesn’t freeze well so I recommend either making it day of or a few days before and storing in the fridge.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 797kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Cholesterol: 250mg | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 544mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1735IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 355mg | Iron: 1.8mg