Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Churro Apple Pie Cookies
Churro Apple Pie Cookies - Adorable little apple pies, churro style! They're crispy, crunchy and a lot of sugary goodness, trust me, you wouldn't want it any other way!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 2 pkgs Pillsbury Pastry Pie Crust (2 crusts per pkg)
- 1 cup apple pie filling chopped up
- 1/2 cup butter (8 tbsp) melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Dust your working area with a bit of flour. Roll out each pie crust, one at a time, just enough to straighten it out since it comes in a roll. It should be about 14 inches in diameter once rolled out. Using a 2 inch cookie cutter, cut the pie crust. Each pie crust should yield about 12 rounds. Discard remaining or keep to re-roll and use. Repeat with all the remaining crusts. You should get about 48 rounds, without reusing the leftover dough.
Place a tsp of the apple pie filling into 24 of the rounds. You don't want to use too much apple pie filling because it will overflow. Brush the edges of each of these rounds with a bit of water, then top with remaining rounds and press the edges with a fork to seal. The water will ensure that the dough sticks together. Cut a small slit with a sharp knife into the top of each cookie.
Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
In a shallow plate mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
Let the cookies cool slightly, about 2 minutes, then brush each cookie with the melted butter, then roll through the cinnamon sugar. Repeat with all cookies.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 or 4 days.
- I discarded the remaining dough after cutting the dough with the cookie cutter. If you reuse the remaining dough you will end up with a lot more cookies.
- If you make these the day before, reheat them in the oven at 350F for 5 minutes.
- These would be great with other pie fillings such as pumpkin, cherry, chocolate, etc.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 39mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 124IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg