Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Arugula and Walnut Pesto Pasta
Bring a splash of color to your table with this delicious Arugula and Walnut Pesto Pasta. A refreshing and healthy pesto ready in under 5 minutes making it perfect for your weeknight dinner rotation.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time17 mins
- 4 cups arugula packed, I used baby arugula
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 12 oz dry pasta I used gemelli
Cook the pasta according to package instructions then drain.
Add the first 6 ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth. If the pesto is too thick add a bit more pasta water.
Toss the pasta together with the pesto and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
- You can use pecans to replace the walnuts.
- Any type of pasta will work for this recipe.
Store leftover pesto in an airtight container for 5 – 7 days in the fridge but don’t be afraid to freeze your creation! It will last beautifully for up to 3 months in the freezer.
This dish will last 3 – 4 days sealed well in the fridge and up to 3 months frozen. It can be microwaved to reheat or heated up right in the oven still frozen.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 541kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 414IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 1mg