Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Spicy, cheesy and creamy, wrapped in a baked tortilla make Antojitos the ultimate appetizer! They are loaded with cheese, bell peppers, and jalapeños and ready in 30 minutes! Don't let the jalapeños scare you away! - with the combination of gooey cheeses I promise you're going to become a number 1 fan!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time28 mins
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 3 large tortillas I used ancient grain whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl add cream cheese, bread crumbs and hot sauce. Mix with a fork until cream cheese has softened. Add the peppers and mix them in well with the cream cheese.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over each tortilla, 1/3 of the mixture for each tortilla, and sprinkle 1/3 of the cheddar cheese on each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas and cut them into 1 inch slices.
Place the slices on the baking sheet.
Bake at 350 F degrees for 10 minutes, then for another 3 minutes under the broiler.
Serve with salsa or sour cream.
- I used whole wheat tortillas for this recipe. You can use any type of tortilla you prefer.
- I used Frank's Red Hot Sauce for this recipe. You can use any type of hot sauce you prefer, or eliminate it entirely if you don't like spice. Feel free to add extra hot sauce if you like.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 894mg | Potassium: 259mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1180IU | Vitamin C: 46.4mg | Calcium: 300mg | Iron: 0.8mg